Our client are a Government wide organisation within the Transport sector and due to a large increase in workload have identified an urgent immediate requirement for a Systems Requirements Manager to work on a highly complex rail project in Sydney.
The position will involve establishing, managing and maintaining a requirements management system within the Electrical Isolations Improvement Program, including the maintenance of the Requirements Management Plan. Oversee requirements management activities to ensure consistent interface, consultation and collaboration with stakeholders.
1. Structure and manage activities associated with performing Requirements Management from concept through design, verification and validation to closure across all aspects of the Program.
2. Work with the Delivery Manager, Stream Leads and Project Teams to plan, integrate and embed requirements management in their works schedules and ensure compliant requirements deliverables are produced.
3. Maintain the program's Requirements Management Plan (RMP); ensuring that the document is kept up to date.
4. Manage and enhance the requirements mangement tool (Holocentric) ensuring the integrity of Requirements Items within the EII Program as defined within the Assurance and Governance suite of plans.
5. Manage and track the progress of all Program Requirements through the whole Program lifecycle. Report on issues, if they arise. Collaboratively resolve issues, or escalate if required.
6. Accountable for the traceability and justification of Program Requirements. Maintain documented audit trails of all change requests and produce on demand for audits and reference purposes.
7. Provide visibility and effective management of Requirements between each of the workstreams and relevant program stakeholders (internal and external).
8. Provide visibility and effective management of the Requirements Management Plan in the context of all other plans as described in the overarching Assurance and Governance suite of plans.
9. Lead and implement quality assurance processes, including internal audits and regular reviews of adherance to the systems and processes underpinning the Requirements Management Plan.
10. Organise, convene, facilitate and prepare required Requirement documentation for presentation at all configuration control gateways ensuring the program successfully meets all requirements set by these gateways.
11. Ensure meeting minutes are captured and distributed to all relevant stakeholders (if and when needed).
12. Provide training and support to Program staff and external stakeholders (including Vendors & Suppliers) as required such as application of the processes defined within the RMP and tool(s) to be used.
13. Champion and implement continuous improvement initiatives to ensure continued optimal management of an integrated Requirements Management approach across the program.
- Proven track record of successfully managing requirements ( tool) on significant projects in complex, high reliability operating environments
- Demonstrated understanding of Systems Engineering
- Ability to prepare requirements management training (technology and process) for users, and the ability to deliver the training effectively
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective facilitation to workshops, and the application of requirements management tools and methodologies
- Understanding of the complexities of rail infrastructure, the rail operational environment and transport customer interfaces relevant to the outcomes of the Program
- Experience monitoring, reviewing, managing and integrating requirements management activities from suppliers and interfacing parties
- Superior oral and written communication, consultation and engagement skills with stakeholders up to executive level
- Tertiary qualification in systems engineering and/or equivalent experience
- Desired experience working in accordance with transport safety legislation and standards, such as the Rail Safety National Law and Safety Management Systems
For more information and a detailed PD please call Rory immediately on 0428 026 703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org