I have been made aware of multiple Site Engineer requirements early 2020. These will be client-side, contract positions to work on some of Sydney's major rail projects.
NSW government are investing $51.2bn into road and rail infrastructure, and 2020 is a milestone year with projects such as the Sydney Metro Phase 2, TAP 3, Parramatta Light Rail, Regional Rail and MTMS taking real shape.
Rail Disciplines Required
(FYI having some railway experience is absolutely essential to all of these roles)
- Rail Electrical Power
- Rail Signalling & Communications
- Track & Civil
- Rail Construction (Stations)
This is an exciting position, and the successful candidate will be utilized on a challenging rail project in Sydney.
Site Engineer you will be responsible for providing technical support and onsite engineering services to ensure short term planning and programming of works is completed in conjunction with the site supervision staff.
- Ensure compliance of the works with technical specifications, applicable legislation, approvals and standards and company Risk Management process
- Conduct and administer overall job planning and programming including short range and intermediate activities for maintenance or construction projects for approval by the Project Manager
- Input information and undertake minor design on site and monitor and recommend changes to design details to increase the ease of construction
- Demonstrate financial management skills including demonstrated behaviour in reducing costs and meeting budgets
- Verify subcontractors’ claims and variations
- Undertake cost controlling and estimating as required by the Site Manager
- Maintain drawing register controls for the project
- Implement and communicate risk controls and actions involved in delivery and implementation of projects
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Science or relevant subject
- Minimum 2-4 years’ engineering experience
- Demonstrated railway experience
- Construction management and specific technical skills base relevant to program of work and discipline area
- Strong level of planning, development and review of complex projects
- Implementation of a process and/or product system of audits and schedules
- Skill in use of document and record management, progress and project performance reporting compliance and procedures
To apply for the position of Site Engineer please contact George Hvid: George.Hvid@cgcrecruitment.com / 0427 933 873 / 0282 524 013