This is a critical role, tasked with the delivery of a significant package of rail infrastructure works on one of Australia’s flagship railway projects.
Reporting directly to the Delivery / Construction Director, this role requires somebody with proven rail delivery experience and the ability to work with a high-level autonomy. At the same time, the successful candidate will have excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to manage three direct and six indirect reports.
- The role provides senior management, professional and technical leadership in the delivery of work in the rail corridor, rail station and precinct (including utilities) construction aspects, and monitors activities to ensure that works are delivered to the required standards and in accordance with safe work methods and environmental practices,
- The role will manage and work with contractors and service providers to deliver the works in a collaborative and cooperative manner, to support subsequent construction activities and to ensure the timely and effective delivery of the project,
- The role will operate with a high level of autonomy within the requirements of the agreed work plan and establishes strategic operational priorities in consultation with the Director,
- The position holder is expected to deliver assigned projects on time and at or below budget and is fully accountable for the quality, integrity and accuracy of expert advice provided.
- A proven record of “on time and on budget” project delivery of large-scale brownfield rail infrastructure works in an urban environment,
- Engineering tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience,
- Demonstrated knowledge of the structure of public and private transport industries in NSW, associated legislation and safety standards.
To discuss in detail, please contact our Government rail specialist George Hvid:
George.firstname.lastname@example.org / 0427 933 873