- Immediate start for a 3-month contract, likely to be extended!
- Role is completely remote - no requirement to be on site!
- Opportunity with NSW State Government
The Senior Policy Officer supports the development of the State Water Strategy for NSW Government. Provide strategic policy and legislative advice and coordination and undertake complex research and analysis for the development, coordination, implementation and review of policies and legislative frameworks to inform decision making relating to NSW’s Water Strategies.
- Support the drafting and finalisation of the state water strategy and related program, by developing and reviewing policy and strategy positions, undertaking data analysis to ensure sound evidence based policy formulation, and seeking stakeholder input to inform policy on water strategy and water management
- Manage and coordinate strategic policy development by preparing briefings and advice in response to Ministerial and Departmental Executive requests and support the delivery of the Division’s cabinet, legislative and regulatory programs
- Provide advice to Executive on key water strategy issues affecting the State, identifying of key community, water management, political and community issues, providing briefings, reports and other documentation to support effective and informed decision making
- Establish and sustain effective working relationships with key stakeholders across the cluster and state and federal public sectors as well as water users and other external stakeholder groups
- Provide secretariat support function for multiple governance committees associated with development and delivery of the State water strategies program, participating in committees and working groups to deliver best practice and targeted water strategies
- Eligibility to work full-time in Australia (35 hours/week)
- Extensive experience in strategy and/or policy drafting
- Detailed knowledge of the machinery of Government, including Cabinet and legislative processes and ability to understand and interpret a wide variety of legislation and expertise in policy development, implementation and review
- Broad understanding of water issues and relevant policy and legislative framework.