Senior Planning Officer
|Job Title:||Senior Planning Officer|
|Salary:||$65 P/h + Super|
|Contact Name:||Spencer Williamson|
|Job Published:||January 28, 2021 08:45|
The Senior Planning Officer assists with the high quality, efficient and timely assessment of the merits of State significant projects to meet all statutory obligations, Government policy requirements, and Government goals for a more robust and efficient state planning system that achieves strategic infrastructure, economic and growth objectives.
• Assess the merits of complex State significant projects in line with best practice frameworks and benchmark assessment outcome turnaround times.
• Produce high quality work on a wide range of planning matters, including the preparation of well written reports and briefing notes and effective conditions of consent.
• Identify, critically analyse and evaluate key issues, recommend innovative options, solutions, practices and processes to enable timely responses to customer enquiries and to assist in resolving disputes.
• Assist in the development of policy to improve assessment processes and to guide the assessment of the merits of projects.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems and ongoing improvements to increase team efficiency and effectiveness.
• Translate complex technical information into easy to understand plain English guidelines, reports and communications.
• Complete assessments within the benchmark timeframes in a manner to provide greater certainty for applicants and the community whilst not sacrificing the quality of these assessments.
• Deliver competing assessment projects in a high pressure, challenging and dynamic environment and manage the different and competing interests of various external agency, stakeholder and community expectations to maintain the integrity of the Government’s planning program.
The Senior Planning Officer:
• works with, and receives advice and guidance from the Team Leader and other staff but has responsibility for setting own work priorities within the overall agreed work program
• is required to comply and make decisions and recommendations within applicable legislative and Department compliance and assessment policy, procedures and administrative frameworks and requirements
• undertaking and managing small and mid-sized assessment projects in line with Government and Departmental policies and procedures
1. Development Assessment experience or at least thorough understanding of the process.
2. Reasonable project management skills
3. Solid Writing background - either technical or for public audience.
• Degree in environmental science or management, engineering, planning or other relevant discipline
• Proven knowledge of relevant planning legislation and its practical application
• Proven experience in the field of environmental impact assessment or similar
• Proven Experience in stakeholder engagement and project management
• Willingness to travel and (minimum) Class C Driver’s License
How to apply:
Apply via your preferred job board, only the most suitable candidates will be contacted.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Procurement Officer - Construction
$700 - $800 P/d - Super
$500 - $700 per day + Super
$55 - $60 P/h + Super
Customer Service Officer
$38 per hour + super
Senior Scheduler / Planner
$480 - $560 - P/d + Super