They are currently seeking a Project Manager experienced in Tunneling and TMBs for an initial 6 month contract based in Parramatta/ Rosehill.
This opportunity is for a Project Manager on the Metro West Tunnel Package and is responsible for managing the delivery of the AUD$1.8B Deed.
The role of the Project Manager is to provide management and technical input into the construction of the works. Monitor activities to ensure that works are delivered to the required standards and in accordance with safe work methods and environmental practices.
This role will work with tier 1 contractors and service providers to deliver complex works in a collaborative and cooperative manner, to support subsequent construction activities and to ensure the timely and effective delivery of the project.
This role will lead a small team and will play a pivotal role in the successful delivery of this mega project.
- Model good leadership to inspire direction and delivery, develop people, and drive change
- Live the NSW Public Sector and organisational values to achieve outstanding outcomes for the organisation and customers.
- Provide project management and technical capability to project manage the delivery of rail infrastructure works.
- Lead on ensuring the safe delivery of the works
- Manage the schedule of works to optimise safe and timely delivery and minimise disruption delay and inconvenience to stakeholders.
- Track construction schedules and associated costs for achieving project completion within the budget and time allotted, and value for money outcomes when viewed on the basis of effective risk management, certainty of delivery and whole-of-life cost.
- Monitor the effects and significances of, but not limited to, noise and vibration, air quality, traffic and transport, heritage, waste, water and energy management to minimise impacts on the environment
- Identify and manage risks associated with the delivery of construction activities, ensuring project performance monitoring and reporting.
- Contribute to procurement requirements, tender assessments and evaluation to support the management and administration of the contract, approved proposed variations and resolution of contractual disputes.
- Keeping up-to-date technically and with industry practice and applying new knowledge
- Managing construction activities and contractor performance to ensure safety has been addressed through all phases of the planned delivery activities
- Working in a challenging and complex delivery environment, requiring astuteness in regards to social, stakeholder, environmental and economic issues
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or Construction or equivalent experience of large scale brownfield rail infrastructure works in an urban environment.
- This position is identified as a Rail Safety Worker (RSW).