These opportunities are for Project Engineers on the Metro West Tunnel Package and is responsible for managing the delivery of the AUD$1.8B Deed.
The role of the Project Engineer is to provide management and engineering support to the Project Manager in the delivery of construction activities, including environmental, safety, quality and productivity aspects relating to a contract package of works.
The role will operate with a high level of autonomy within the requirements of the agreed work plan and establishes strategic operational priorities in consultation with the Project Manager. The position holder is expected to deliver assigned projects on time and at or below budget and is fully accountable for the quality, integrity and accuracy of expert advice provided.
This role will report to the Sydney Metro West Tunnel Package Project Manager.
- Contribute to project schedule, milestones and key deliverables to ensure construction activites are safe and disruption, delay and inconvenience minimised for customers and other affected public, road and public transport users, adjacent businesses, stakeholders and the community during the performance of contractor activities
- Analyse the effects and significances of, but not limited to, noise and vibration, air quality, traffic and transport, heritage, waste, water and energy management to minimise impacts on the environment
- Develop and manage databases and reporting systems to ensure information on completed work, and performance measures is integrated, readily available and accurate consistent with TfNSW expectations
- Prepare and assess financial, scope and construction scheduling estimates for the project, to assist in project evaluation and to achieve project completion within the budget and time allotted and value for money outcomes
- Analyse risks associated with the delivery of construction activities, ensuring project performance monitoring and reporting
- Contribute to procurement requirements, tender assessments and evaluation to support the management and administration of the contract, approved proposed variations and resolution of contractual disputes
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, project management and/or contract management, and/or relevant professional experience.
- This position is identified as a Rail Safety Worker (RSW).
If you are interested in a confidential discussion regarding this role, please forward an up to date copy of your resume to Jessica.Howlin@cgcrecruitment.com or call Jessica now on 0282524001.