Our client are a state government organisation within the Transport sector who are in urgent need of a Program Manager to work on a long term contract basis.
The primary purpose of the role will be to plan manage and drives the interface with External Party (other government agencies, councils, developers etc) proposals, access and works in, over or adjacent to the rail corridor and/or other infrastructure which may impact on Sydney Trains operations and infrastructure, ensuring no adverse impact to Sydney Trains system safety, reliability, and availability.
You will be additionally responsible for Interface Management and coordination of multidiscipline external party programs and/or projects to ensure Sydney Trains requirements as operator and maintainer are captured and incorporated from initiation stage to Handover, ensuring the appropriate approvals are held and conditions complied with throughout the project lifecycle.
- Tertiary qualifications in Project Management, or equivalent experience, preferably in a brownfield rail environment
- Significant experience in interface and/or project management of multi-disciplined projects in a complex engineering and operation environment (rail or construction), preferably in a brownfield rail environment
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management Methodologies and project management tools and project reporting.
- Strong communication (verbal and written),interpersonal and relationship building skills, with the ability to develop and maintain stakeholder relationships, including ability to negotiate and manage conflict.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and experience in contract administration and working effecitively with external and internal parties to ensure delivery to contract and required standards.
- Demonstrated experience in applying project governance processes, including project change control
- Demonstrated knowledge of general construction and site safety practices and requirements with an understanding of rail construction methodologies.
For more information in regards to this position please call Rory for an informal conversation on 0428 026 703 or email an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org