Our client is a state-wide Government agency within the Transport sector who operate across Sydney and NSW. They work supporting road maintenance and construction projects.
Primary purpose of the role
The role delivers specialist Geographic Information System (GIS) and analytics, advice and services, including collating, analysing and presenting data to ensure that strategic, integrated transport plans and business cases are informed by a robust evidence-base, and that information is clearly documented for stakeholders.
- Provide high quality geospatial advice and services to project teams and stakeholders to support the development of integrated strategic transport plans and strategies and strategic business cases.
- Contribute to the timely production of geospatial products by collating, correlating, analysing and presenting landform, land-use, demographic, cadastral, network condition and performance, road safety, environmental, engineering constraints and network development data.
- Undertake consistent data management activities to a designated standard; undertake data preparation and validation ensuring effective and efficient storage of spatial data to ensure project team have access to up to date spatial data sets.
- Support geospatial analytical modelling and provide maps and data sets to project teams to supplement analysis.
- Collate, analyse and present transport planning data for printed and online material and maintain high standards in product presentation, metadata and technical documents.
- Update and streamline existing spatial data to improve drawing time and quality of display. This includes creating cached data, scalable layers, map templates and general geodatabase maintenance activities.
- Provide accurate mapping products and data sets to stakeholders to supplement analysis.
- Assist with the development of spatial, analytical and decision support tools, models and approaches to support strategic planning activities.
- Demonstrate the five ways of leading behaviours to deliver organisational outcomes for our customers, our people and communities for the greater good.
- Providing accurate, well-composed mapping products with current data in a timely manner for a variety of audiences and purposes.
- Achieve exceptional product standards of geospatial information for strategic documents, products and information to project teams and key stakeholders.
- Keeping up with changes in technology and building information modelling.
For more information please call Will on 0435935377 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org