CGC Recruitment is a specialist recruiter in the construction, engineering, property and design space.
We are working with an Australian bulk haulage company who also work across landscaping supplies and recycling to a wide variety of clients in the property and infrastructure sectors.
They are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Junior Finance Manager who has plans of progressing to CFO of a small business in the coming years.
There are 75 drivers for the business, 12 staff across 5 depots in Australia. There will be 3 people reporting into you while you will be reporting directly to the GM.
Purpose of the Role
- Lead and oversee the day-to-day provision of accounting services and support activities that meet stakeholder requirements and improve the performance of the business.
- Covering: financial and management accounting services, expert advice and analysis, reports and support to our leadership team.
- This role will also assist with implementation of best practice strategies, systems and projects to improve financial performance and sustainability.
- Seeking a strong communicator with confidence and good team management skills.
- Oversee day-to-day management of finance and accounting function including managing and reviewing deliverables related to month-end and year-end activities, accounts payable and accounts receivable services, reconciliation reports, forecasting activities and forward estimates, analyse performance vs. budget, periodic statement reviews, budget formulations and adjustments, and other reporting activities.
- Lead financial planning and analysis as well as key activities related to strategy, business development and performance improvement.
- Coordinate annual budgets and other critical financial and accounting reports and activities.
- Provide advice and recommendations to leadership team and Managing Director in relation to the development and monitoring of the organisations budget, ad hoc analysis, project work and general accounting matters as required.
- Create on-going efficiencies and drive the finance team towards service excellence and industry best practice.
- Develop, maintain and implement strategies for compliance management and related activities.
- Review and assist with the management of all in house financial operations including taxation, payments, financial reporting, budget preparation and cash flow management.
- Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced.
- Manage company insurances.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Proven experience as a Finance Manager or similar role in a dynamic corporate environment.
- Strong knowledge of financial principles, regulations, and best practices.
- Proficiency in financial software and tools, such as Excel and Xero
- Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership and team management experience.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to drive financial initiatives.
- Detail-oriented and committed to accuracy and compliance.
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses.
- Opportunities for professional development and growth within the company.
- A collaborative and inclusive work culture.
- $120-130k + Super
Please apply through the ad or for more information, contact Mikaila on email@example.com 0424 885 571
For any other Construction, Engineering and Design related roles please visit www.cgcrecruitment.com