- Privately owned mid-tier builder
- Work across varied commercial projects - $1M - $30M
- Join an established team of 8 people
This builder is one of NSWs premier commercial builders operating in government, educational, aged care and industrial sectors offering design and construct and construction management services. They have been in operation of over 20 years and 2 years ago successfully opened a regional office to undertake works in remote parts of NSW. Last year’s turnover was approx. $150M.
Why people want to join
As an employee of this organisation, you benefit from working with a collaborative team and astute senior managers who promote diversity and inclusion. The work is varied to keep you interested and they systems are first class ensuring projects are well run and clients are happy.
You will enjoy variety in work tendering new build projects within educational, aged care and industrial across both private and government contracts valued from $5M - $30M
Reporting into an Estimating Manager you will become part of a team of 8 Estimators responsible for preparing competitive tenders and design and construct bids which accurately reflect the requirements of the tender documents.
This position will suit someone at an intermediate to senior level that is able to work autonomous, initially from home
As an estimator you will be required to be working across two tenders at a time, beginning one whilst wrapping up the submission of another. There are varying levels within this team and estimators do work together to complete tenders.
Salary will depend on experience however a guide is between $120K - $140K, possible up to $160K for more senior candidates.
Responsibilities will include
- Review tender and contract documentation.
- Attend site inspections with client & subcontractors.
- Prepare tender packages.
- Request and review subcontractor & supplier quotations.
- Measure and prepare detailed bill of quantities.
- Issue client Requests for Information.
- Prepare Tender submissions inclusive of tender schedules, construction methodologies, construction programs, staging plans, etc.
- Degree within Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or Engineering
- Understanding of quantity surveying, project management and architectural principles
- Understanding of market trends for material and labour costs. +
- A good understanding of construction methodologies & market rates.
- A good understanding of BCA requirements.
- High attention to detail.
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience in using CUBIC / Buildsoft