Our client is a design-driven boutique construction firm with offices in Sydney and Brisbane who pride themselves on working a little differently to their peers by investing time in the front end of the projects to achieve better efficiencies for clients.
They have built a solid reputation working with clients on a range of building works including new builds, refurbishments and fitouts of retail, hospitality and commercial projects
- Our client is privately owned builder, senior management are from a tier one background and the team are energetic and high performing.
- The senior management have pulled together their years of experience working within a tier one environment and tweaked the structure to create a flexible and agile culture.
- You will be joining a stable, high achieving team that has been curated and handpicked by the State Manager over the last 2 yrs.
- Reporting directly into the State Manager you will be reasonable for pricing projects valued up to $15M.
- 80% of the work this builder undertakes is fitout / refurbishment and 20% new works.
- You will be fully supported by the State Manager and will have involvement across projects from initial tender meeting.
- The State Manager is very open to someone joining that is at a senior level and wanting to grow and develop a team
- Review tender and contract documentation.
- Attend site inspections with client & subcontractors.
- Prepare tender packages.
- Request and review subcontractor & supplier quotations.
- Measure and prepare detailed bill of quantities.
- Issue client Requests for Information.
- Prepare Tender submissions inclusive of tender schedules, construction methodologies, construction programs, staging plans, etc.
- 5+ years estimating experience within local commercial market
- Conversant with trades and services associated with commercial sector
- A good understanding of construction methodologies & market rates.
- A good understanding of BCA requirements.
- High attention to detail.
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience in using Buildsoft