EOI Project Engineer – Overhead Wiring (Railway)
NSW infrastructure spend is at the highest level ever ($41bn) and once internal restructures are defined, there will be a huge requirement for skilled contract staff with overhead wiring experience.
A large proportion of money will be spent on upgrades and construction of OHW to power projects such as the Sydney Metro Phase 2.
I am interested in speaking with OHW experts in advance of a massive recruitment drive in 2020.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Deliver OHW projects to clearly defined technical, scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
- To organise and carry out OHW engineering activities to ensure work activities are planned and arranged in advance of their target date
- To ensure the technical OHW matters associated with the project works are compliant with technical specifications, applicable legislation, approvals and standards
- To provide technical support to the project team
- Authorising engagement of subcontractors, management of subcontractor work and all major subcontractor variations
- Ensuring that stakeholders are actively engaged and that beneficial relationships between the project and client, subcontractors and community are developed and maintained
- Establishing and developing a high-performance team to ensure the project achieves targets
- Ensuring strong contract, commercial and financial risk management, accurate forecasting of costs and revenue and taking corrective action as required
- Ensuring HSE requirements and risk controls are considered in all construction planning and processes
- Demonstrated OHW engineering experience in the rail sector
- Demonstrated understanding of NSW based engineering requirements
- Understanding of contemporary practices in construction methodology on multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects
- Ability to engage and manage stakeholder consultation
- People and performance management experience including industrial relations and unions
- Contractual, legal, commercial, industrial relations and legislative compliance management
- Proven ability to communicate effectively to drive positive outcomes with key stakeholders
- Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills
For a confidential discussion, please contact our government rail specialist George Hvid: George.Hvid@cgcrecruitment.com / 0282 524 013 or 0427 933 873