With Sydney Metro moving in to a brownfield environment, a key challenge is the integration of systems, and interface with existing assets.
We are looking for people who have a deep understanding of brownfield rail projects, the interfaces with existing transport networks and the integration of rail systems.
- Projects are starting to ramp up and we expect a wave of contract opportunities to arise in the next few months, once restructures have taken shape
- These will be a mixture of client-side contract positions with permanent and contract private sector opportunities,
- Please contact me to discuss opportunities in advance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing sound and effective leadership to the team, providing direction and technical advice, leading by example to achieve company goals and championing a quality culture
- Ensuring the integration test activities is coordinated with interfacing parties and the systems are properly integrated and fit to support introduction to service
- Coordinating and integrating the design of rail projects including signalling and control systems, OHW, permanent way, CSR, and civil systems
- Directing the assessment, selection and management of suppliers, sub-consultants and contractors associated with projects
- Driving project performance, service delivery and technical and commercial outcomes and undertaking reviews, ensuring client delivery is above expectation and
- Taking responsibility for technical resource allocation, managing technical subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes / modifications
- Relevant engineering degree with Chartered status or equivalent professional accreditation
- 10+ years post graduate experience in a large-scale rail projects including experience of leading interfaces for rail projects
- Diverse brownfield rail experience, ideally rail systems experience; OHW, Traction, Signalling, Comms etc
- Experience in metro or complex rail station projects
- Well-developed technical and commercial skills, with a sound knowledge of the industry and a demonstrated ability in securing opportunities
- Excellent communication skills and strong stakeholder management experience, both internally and externally
Please contact George Hvid to discuss in detail: George.Hvid@cgcrecruitment.com / 0427 933 873 – 0282 524 013