- Pipeline of over 2500 units in construction
- Forwarding work for over 5 years
- Opportunity for career advancement as the business grows
Our client is one of Sydney’s leading builder developers who have come from humble beginnings as a small commercial/residential builder however now boasts an impressive portfolio of sophisticated, high quality apartments developments built within sort after communities.
Culture / Benefits
You will benefit from working with some of NSW’s most formidable senior leaders in the development sector. This builder has developed a good reputation for delivering a quality product. Over the last 20 years they’ve built up repeat clientele who return to invest in their properties time and time again.
With the acquisitions that have happened over the last 12 months this builder has forwarding work for at least 5 years. That coupled with 4 large developments in construction will ensure you enjoy a secure position
About the Position:
Working closely with the senior management and construction delivery teams this position will be responsible for ensuring all defective work is rectified and deemed complaint in line with the BCA to ensure a seamless transition from the building of a project, to occupancy.
You will also liaise with relevant strata agencies throughout the defect liability period to ensure the best interests of the owners and company are adhered to
The ideal background for the Defects Manager will be a someone who has operated at a delivery level in the residential market who has a keen eye for detail and thorough understanding of the local regulations
this role could suit someone that comes from the cottage building industry that has a high attention to detail. Salary is NEG however figures of between $160K - $170K can be expected
This will include
- Review of BCA Compliance Issues
- Supervision and coordination of all contractors
- Quality control of all finished works
- Scheduling and ordering of materials
- Checking contractor’s complete tasks in accordance with their contracts
- Conduct weekly meetings with contractors in relation to project issues and time management
- Weekly meetings with council, certifying authorities, and senior management
- Liaise with Strata Management authorities in relation to any issues that may come up with completed projects
- Deal directly with Project Managers and Developers in the handing over of completed projects
- Implementation of safety procedures