government agencies to deliver critical infrastructure initiatives by providing expert advisory, planning, delivery and support services.
They are currently looking to engage a Civil Engineer/ Project Manager with civils and roads experience for an initial 6 month contract in Newcastle.
Primary purpose of the role
Manage the delivery of one or more assigned infrastructure projects ranging in low to medium risk and complexity, or contributes to the planning and delivery of infrastructure projects with medium to high in risk and complexity, to ensure time, cost, quality, safety and environment targets and corporate and region expectations and requirements are met.
- Deliver civil works projects, contributing to planning, scoping and implementation of projects, ensuring project activities are achieved within budget, scope and to key performance measures and comply with best practice project management and safety principles to achieve client satisfaction targets and provide excellent client service.
- Facilitate input from team members and other stakeholders and prepare Project Plans to manage the planning and delivery of assigned medium to high complexity infrastructure projects.
- Contribute to the preparation of bid proposals and participate as part of a bid team for significant proposals to contribute to business performance.
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of industry trends and practices, and Government policies and regulations and apply these to project work to ensure excellent outcomes for clients.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement contribute to team development and professional development, and propose new approaches for consideration by the business unit manager to contribute to improved business performance.
- Prepare and provide regular reports to senior staff regarding project progress and financial performance, providing client centered project documentation to support informed and accountable decision making and clear understanding of project risks and successes.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with clients by gaining a thorough understanding of client perspectives, technical and business requirements, including facilitating between clients and recipients to assist with the management of grant applications.
- Provide verification of programs and claim eligibility including items such as payments, cash-flow, work in ground and invoicing
- Degree qualification/s in Project Management, Engineering, Architecture, Building or construction (civil, environmental, mechanical, electrical or electrical/networks) and/or related discipline and/or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience with a demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Current NSW Driver Licence and willingness to drive to and work in remote locations which may include overnight stays.
- Employment screening checks, security or other clearances and health assessments.