The role is responsible for Sales acquisition, tender negotiation and management of partners and subcontractor in the rapidly growing Rail market in Australia and New Zealand.
They are looking for a professional who has a genuine interest in technology and the rail sector.
The position will be based in Sydney and would require the ability to travel within the Australia and New Zealand territory on a regular basis as well as to Europe for training purposes when restrictions allow.
This business is an established player in the growing segment of slab track systems with over 40 years of work built up all over the world.
The sales role in Australia should be viewed as an exciting opportunity for the candidate that wants to make a career step, who wants to show his or her entrepreneurial worth and who has the personal drive needed to set up a business and leave their marks for the future. Please reach out to me for videos of their work or details on the company.
On the role
Reporting to the Sales Director for the Australia and NZ region you will work in a sales organization that can support a client pipeline, developsclient focused solutions and you will be handling and closing complex business negotiations. Of equal importance is the cultivation of client relationships and key contacts that will build their reputation of a solid full service partner for slab track solution products and services within sector.
I am looking for a creative and self-starting candidate with a singular customer focus, high level communication and negotiation skills, business development and client management experience coupled with excellent team working skills. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a financial understanding as we are dealing with major investment projects negotiated at senior levels. A controlled drive and ambition is something we look for in the successful candidate as well as an ability to present a winning proposal both in front of a client and with the partner companies. Given the complexity of the projects and the general level of the stakeholders involved we are looking at candidates with a technical university degree with an interest in the infrastructure with all its interesting and complicating facets.
Part of your introduction programme will be an extended training period.
The support structure consists of 3 experienced Sydney engineers, a sales support office in Europe and over time a sales support office in the A-P region.
The infrastructure industry is undergoing a transformation process with an impact on how the stakeholders work with each other to achieve the common objectives and we are transforming the company in line with these requirements and bringing in a new generation of people that can take the company forward fo the next 40 years.
- Between 5 and 10 years’ experience in a sales role in the Rail, Civil Engineering or concrete space.
- University qualification in related disciplines (civil engineering preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; knowledge of another foreign language, is certainly helpful given the focus of the company.
- Ability to manage customer relationships with Senior Stakeholders (e.g. [Technical engineering companies, the Principal – end customer, estimators, Purchasers, Project Managers as well as the various disciplines involved from the side of the two partners);
- A past involvement in compliance, risk management and (financial-) reporting is helpful as these are important fields in the industry;
- Experience with complex negotiations;
- Enjoys working in a small team environment and in a hands on role;
- Self-motivated, able to work autonomously and the tenacity to get things done;
- Works collaboratively and develops strong cross-functional relationships in different cultural environments;
- Strong hunger for success, a spirit of exploration and a sense of fun.
Please email your CV to Carly.email@example.com for immediate consideration