|Job Title:||Town Planner|
|Salary:||$40 - $80 P/h + Super|
|Contact Name:||Spencer Williamson|
|Job Published:||July 06, 2021 16:18|
I am current seeking the following Town Planners
2 x Junior Town Planners ( 1 year experience )
1 x Intermediate Town Planner (3 - 5 years experience)
1 x Senior ( 8 + years)
Durations: All of these roles will be 6 months +
• Coordinate the day to day activities of an assessment team and provide advice, support and direction to deliver State significant project assessments and determinations consistent with applicable legislation, policy and procedures.
• Assess the merits of the more complex and contentious State significant projects quickly and effectively to ensure the completion of all assessments with the relevant benchmark period.
• Produce high quality work on a wide range of planning matters, including the preparation of well written reports and effective conditions of consent.
• Identify complex, sensitive and emerging issues, and review and develop policy to improve the assessment process and guide the assessment of the merits of projects.
Participate in business improvement initiatives including the development and maintenance of team systems, policies and business process to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
• Build and maintain effective relationships, and strengthen engagement with key stakeholders to provide information, respond to enquiries and resolve disputes effectively.
• Initiate and manage work performed by external contractors and consultants where there is a need to source external expertise, to ensure project requirements are met.
• Review and recommend changes to the assessment system to significantly reduce the time taken to assess State significant projects without sacrificing the delivery of quality outcomes of these assessments.
• Implement assessment process improvements and policy review to support efficient and timely assessment turnaround timeframes to provide greater certainty for applicants and the community and to maintain the integrity of the Government’s planning program.
• Manage the delivery of competing assessment project outcomes in a high pressure environment whilst managing the different and competing interests of various external agencies, stakeholder and community expectations.
The Team Leader:
• works with, and receives advice and guidance from the Manager and other branch senior managers but has responsibility for setting own work priorities within the overall agreed work program
• is required to comply and make decisions and recommendations within applicable legislative and Departmental assessment policy, procedures and frameworks, and administrative frameworks and requirements
• undertaking and managing large and mid-sized assessment projects in line with Government and Departmental policies and procedures
Key knowledge and experience
Demonstrated knowledge of relevant environmental assessment and planning legislation and processes.
With state significant assessment experience preferred but will consider equivalent council experience
Degree in planning, environmental management, engineering or other relevant discipline.