They are currently looking to engage a Systems Engineering & Assurance Lead on an initial 12 month contract, with the possibility to extend.
The primary purpose of the role it to develop, document and implement effective strategies and processes for managing Systems Assurance (SA)
and Systems Engineering (SE) activities (including Engineering Safety Assurance, audits, KPIs, inspections, monitoring and oversight of third party reviews etc.) to ensure compliance with all relevant standards and
Support achievement of the overall safety, functional, technical and performance requirements of the Program while ensuring the Program is delivered in a manner which complies with all relevant engineering safety
- Execute safety responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities consistent with Sydney Trains safety management system requirements which are defined in SMS document number SMS-02-RG-3058
- Implement and manage a Systems Assurance Program in accordance with the EII Program Systems Assurance Planning and Governance Framework and relevant Transport and Sydney Trains standards and policies
- Identify all EII Program Systems Engineering safety systems assurance requirements, and develop and execute a strategy to ensure they are met, thereby enabling the implementation of the EII Program solution and realisation of the Program business benefits while ensuring the operations and maintenance environment to be altered by the EII Program is safe and fit for purpose
- Manage the capture, documentation and reporting of systems assurance performance and compliance activities across the program workstreams including assurance related issues, risks and defects to support the acceptance of completed program works
- Manage a specialist Systems Engineering (SE) and Systems Assurance (SA) Sub-Stream team to assist program workstreams to deliver and maintain systems assurance artefacts, including the Program Assurance Case and GSN, Human Factors, Safety Change Plans, Hazard Logs / Risk Register, Operational Safety Argument, and Safety Assurance Reports in accordance with Sydney Trains SMS and relevant ASA Standards
- Guide and support the workstreams of the EII Program in implementing SA and safety management processes and undertaking appropriate SA and safety management activities throughout all phases of the program. SA activities will support the overall Program Assurance for the EII Program
- Monitor and review SA and safety management related services and deliverables provided by the EII Program suppliers to demonstrate compliance with Program Assurance processes
- Presentation / communication of program level safety assurance to key stakeholders and acceptance authorities throughout the lifecycle
- Proven track record of successfully managing engineering safety assurance, at a senior level, on significant projects in complex, high reliability operating environments.
- Demonstrated high levels of understanding of Systems Engineering and the application of risk management tools and methodologies, including the development of safety arguments using techniques such as Goal Structuring Notation.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and monitoring integrated assurance elements and processes of a large scale program preferably in a railway transportation system.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of SEQR related legislation and standards (e.g., RSA, WHS, ISO 9001).
- Tertiary qualification in a safety management or systems engineering related discipline.
- Experience working in accordance with transport safety legislation and standards, such as the Rail Safety National Law and Safety Management Systems.