A system engineering and management consultancy working heavily across transportation and other safety-critical systems sectors. Specialists in the integration of systems and software engineering methodologies, including human factors and system safety, with practical program delivery.
Proven experience in delivering, installing and commissioning high integrity systems for the railway sector in NSW, QLD and VIC.
About the Role
You will be responsible for the efficient delivery of high quality systems and safety assurance services to clients, particularly in the rail industry. You will be involved in developing safety assurance strategies, plans and analysis in order to ensure safe and reliable operations and meet regulatory requirements.
This may include: hazard analysis, stakeholder workshops, safety case development, hazard log management, risk management, reliability modelling and prediction, requirements analysis, auditing, software assurance, verification and validation activities.
- Carry out systems engineering and assurance practices to complex, safety-critical, socio-technical systems in the rail domain;
- Documents user, business, system and design requirements, options analysis and decisions made in progressing to recommended solutions
- Develops systems assurance plans and any supporting processes and documents
- Implements and co-ordinates systems assurance programs of work, including RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety) analysis
- Provides advice on and analysis of the reliability and safety of software-intensive systems
- Coordinates technical and systems assurance reviews
- Contribute to business development and growth
Skills & Experience
- Degree in Electrical / Electro-mechanical Engineering, or Electronics or Communication, or similar technical disciplines
- Five years’ experience in the application of systems assurance and RAMS processes in complex projects
- Experience interpreting and applying relevant standards in engineering delivery projects (e.g., AREMA, CENELEC, ISO/IEC, IEEE)
- Good communication skills, including business writing and presentations
- Working knowledge of safety demonstration processes
- Good analytical and judgment skills for solving complex problems and evaluating alternative courses of action
Company Culture and Benefits
- Friendly, highly experienced team of consultants that specialise across human factors, technical management, systems engineering and assurance
- People enjoy working here due to the culture and the opportunity to work in a group that are genuinely passionate about these core areas
- Great opportunities for career growth and to learn from industry experts
For a full, detailed job description and to discuss in more detail please contact George Hvid to discuss: George.Hvid@cgcrecruitment.com / 0427 933 873 or 0282 524 013