Our client is a state-wide Government organisation within the Transport sector who have expressed interest in a assistant surveyor to support upcoming Road and Bridge upgrade projects across the Central Coast, Newcastle and Mid North Coast area.
Primary purpose of the role
The role manages internal and external survey resources on TfNSW projects, to deliver a program of survey services and advice. The role also assists in the management and auditing of professional services contracts.
The role works in one of the Survey Units within the Survey Discipline of Engineering Services of the TfNSW and must assist and support the Senior Surveyors and Survey Managers in the development and deployment of survey capability and expertise required to manage current and future technical risk across infrastructure projects.
The role is for an initial 6 month duration and you will be working on multiple projects at anyone time. This will be a mixture from office, WFH and field work.
Ideally you will have Leica or Trimble equipment experience and be looking for a role which will train and develop you into a project surveyor.
You will be working alongside the project surveyors and also be given smaller projects to work on yourself as part of your development.
On occasion you will be required to do field work with an overnight stay, however all expenses will be paid and you will be given a fully equipped ute for any field work activities.
- Contribute to TfNSW survey capability by the provision of expert technical advice and survey services to infrastructure projects and project development teams in the investigation, development and/or construction stages.
- Ensure the integrity of project technical data by auditing both in-house and external products against the scope of works and technical criteria and quality management systems.
- Contribute to sound decision making for project development and progression by advising project managers on the control, collection, interpretation, presentation and application of surveying and spatial information.
- Provide solutions for contractual and technical problems for the client, by utilising TfNSW corporate systems for contract management; using advanced knowledge of survey equipment, methods and computing skills.
- Contribute to survey related skills transfer between TfNSW and private industry and the development, maintenance and retention of TfNSW capabilities by identifying training requirements and assisting in the training and education of professional service providers and staff.
- Ensure compliance with TfNSW, regulatory and statutory requirements and improve work efficiencies in technical, WHS and environmental matters provided by internal surveying resources and survey service providers to TfNSW, by verifying the application of specifications, standards & procedures and participating in quality improvement processes.
- Contribute to consistency in processes and the enhancement of TfNSW reputation as a technical leader in road, bridge and maritime surveying by working with professional service providers to improve product and service outputs.
- Support the Survey Managers to maintain a motivated, skilled, innovative and continually improving workforce by aligning personal development opportunities to TfNSW business objectives and providing constructive feedback on performance.
- Managing a large volume and variety of work, priorities, interests and deadlines, often required with very tight timeframes and operate effectively under conditions of resource and funding restraints while responding to "on demand" obligations that may impact on scheduled workload and TfNSW programs.
- Keeping abreast of current and emerging best practice, changes in legislation and technology that affect survey operations and implementing relevant surveying policy and standards to meet these challenges. Identifying and rectifying systemic problems to change service or processes to minimise service dissatisfaction. Championing surveying as a critical activity which has the potential to impact on the delivery of TfNSW projects significantly.
- Collaborating on and implementing systems to facilitate closer working relationships with consultants, contractors and other government authorities associated with surveying and related activities. Maintaining a commercial approach and being responsive to technical, financial and governance issues.
If this position is of interest, then please call Will on 0435935377 or 0282524018 email me email@example.com