The primary purpose of the role is to provide system engineering and safety assurance services and respond to requests for documentation and standards in relation to systems engineering requirements associated with multiple projects across the Rail Program Delivery (RPD) program. The role assists multiple program and project design and delivery teams to enable effective integration and collaboration by contributing to design assistance, assurance and technical problem solving.
- Prepare assurance documentation covering the RPD program including Systems Engineering Management Plans (SEMP), RAMS (Reliability, Accessibility, Maintainability and Safety) and BRS (Business Requirement Specifications) to ensure program and project compliance with engineering standards, specifications and legislative requirements and to assist in the identification of issues requiring resolution which may impact on individual projects or integration with the broader transport system in NSW.
- Monitor the system engineering processes to ensure compliance with relevant standards and industry practices and conform to current safety requirements.
- Identify risks associated with system engineering processes relating to the project and develop appropriate mitigation measures to minimise these risks.
- Regularly review and provide management reports on the status of the system engineering processes to support communication and decision making.
- Act as an internal consultant in relation to the systems engineering processes and develop effective working relationships with internal and external project stakeholders to facilitate engagement and contribution to RPD projects.
- Follow processes and procedures to ensure compliance with the System Requirement, Safety Responsibilities, Authorities and Accountabilities within the Safety Management System.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as Science or Engineering Discipline and /or equivalent industry experience in Science or Engineering or system engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of System engineering on projects and programs.
- Minimum of 1 year of rail experience.
- Experience of stakeholder management.
If you are interested in a confidential discussion regarding this role, please click "Apply Now" or call 0282524001.