This is a rare opportunity for an experienced, Operational Systems Subject Matter Expert to join one of Australia’s most iconic railway projects.
This is a key leadership position and one where you can make a real impact on the success of Sydney’s future railway network.
In this position, you will be required to manage interfaces between different government agencies for certain systems, including the Electronic Ticketing System (ETS), customer information channels and operational information systems, to ensure relevant technical systems requirements are integrated across multiple contracts throughout all stages of this major railway development.
The role requires the incumbent to provide hands-on technical input to contract requirements and technical specifications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the technical interfaces between the operator and various groups responsible for ticketing systems, customer information systems and operational information systems to communicate goals, clarify priorities and ensure a shared understanding of project objectives
- Establish agreements between different work groups to ensure a common approach to systems issues across multiple contracts
- Facilitate the identification of technical requirements across the organisation, and resolve conflicts, to achieve desired customer and stakeholder outcomes
- Specify and review designs, requirements and technical scope to achieve project objectives
- Ensure integration of the project’s customer information and operational systems with relevant wider systems to ensure stakeholder needs are met, from specification and design through to commissioning and operational readiness
- Review commercial arrangements for delivery through the project contracts and project agreements to ensure alignment between the client and appointed contractors
- Determine operating phase requirements and commitments for ongoing operations and maintenance to ensure operating phase interface arrangements and KPIs to deliver systems related operational, customer service and policy objectives
- Facilitate company systems related capex budget and opex budget forecasting
- Provide support to the organisations Projects with management of ETS site works and technical interfaces
- Demonstrated experience in specifying and reviewing technical interfaces between various transport systems including real time control systems (CBTC or ETCS) interfaces using real time protocols (SIRI or GTFS(R)), customer information systems interfaces for website, customer facing apps, customer feedback management (CRM), CCTV and lost property systems.
- Demonstrated experience in the specifying and reviewing technical interfaces for real time incident management systems in use by government level command and control centers (E.g Transport Management Centre, Police Operations Centre, Rail Operations Centre or similar).
- Detailed understanding of all technical aspects of public transport ticketing systems or road tolling systems
- Demonstrated project management experience
To discuss in detail, please contact our NSW Government specialist George Hvid: 0427 933 873 / email@example.com