The primary purpose of the role is to ensure that all Sydney Metro Health and Safety policies, protocols and procedures are applied within the Project.
The role operates with a high level of autonomy within the requirements of the agreed work plan and establishes strategic operational priorities in consultation with the Senior Manager.
The Senior Health and Safety Advisor will work on Martin Place, Victoria Cross and Pitt Street ISD Projects.
- Implement and administer health and safety policies and procedures and ensure alignment with Sydney Metro policy, standards and procedures
- Provide technical expertise and professional advice on health and safety issues as necessary to support compliance and change control processes across the project lifecycle
- Manage compliance with health and safety assurance activities with Delivery Partners
- Ensure the consistent application of the relevant provisions of the project Health and Safety Management System by Delivery Partners
- Undertake site and other investigations and validations, ensuring clarity and implementation of recommendations where appropriate
- Assist in investigating and resolving any problems, complaints, issues raised in consultation with Sydney Metro team and Delivery Partners
- Work collaboratively across project and functional teams for positive health and safety outcomes
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- This role is identified as a Rail Safety Worker (RSW)