Established over 20 years ago this well established and award-winning builder has become a major player in NSW competing against the nation’s leading mid-tier builders. They have an annual turnover of $300M and employ in excess of 120 staff.
They have a solid reputation for delivering projects in the commercial, industrial, age care and more recently large refurbishment sector. 2019 / 2020 is tipped to be a busy year and they are gearing up accordingly
Why people want to join
As an employee of this organisation you benefit from working with some of NSW’s most astute senior managers who promote diversity and inclusion. The work is varied to keep you interested and they systems they adopt are first class ensuring projects are well run and clients are happy.
Aside from well-run projects they provide an industry leading employer benefit scheme that includes a day off for your birthday, maternity and paternity leave and training and development fund that all employees have access too
Reporting into an Estimating Manager you will become part of a team of 9 Estimators responsible for preparing competitive tenders and design and construct bids which accurately reflect the requirements of the tender documents.
As an estimator you will be required to be working across two tenders at a time, beginning one whilst wrapping up the submission of another. Tenders will range in valued up to $100M
Key Responsibilities will include
- Review tender and contract documentation.
- Attend site inspections with client & subcontractors.
- Prepare tender packages.
- Request and review subcontractor & supplier quotations.
- Measure and prepare detailed bill of quantities.
- Issue client Requests for Information.
- Prepare Tender submissions inclusive of tender schedules, construction methodologies, construction programs, staging plans, etc.
Degree within Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or Engineering
- Understanding of quantity surveying, project management and architectural principles
- Understanding of market trends for material and labour costs. +
- A good understanding of construction methodologies & market rates.
- A good understanding of BCA requirements.
- High attention to detail.
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience in using Buildsoft