This client side organisation within the transport sector have recently had an increase in their current project portfolio and coupled with an ongoing capital works program, they have identified a number of upcoming requirements for specialist contract staff. One area where they have identified a need for project support is for a Senior Distribution Engineer.
The Senior Engineer Distribution provides authoritative expert engineering innovation, planning, advice and design, relating to design and construction of electrical substations, and distribution infrastructure, and associated materials. The role will involve providing technical expertise relating to the distribution substations, earthing and MV and LV power distribution discipline of electrical engineering.
The position will be accountable for generating innovative solutions to electrical issues, trying different and novel ways to deal with electrical problems and identifying opportunities to introduce improved technologies and Maintaining knowledge in a technically complex field.
- Tertiary qualifications in electrical engineering or equivalent experience giving entitlement to the Membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia.
- Demonstrated understanding of design and planning of energy transmission systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant codes of practice, standards, policy, procedures and guidelines relating to electrical substations and distribution infrastructure; Electricity Supply Act 1995; Rail Safety Act 2002; Safety & Network Management Regulations 2002
- Experience in a relevant engineering discipline within a comparable public or private sector organisation
- Demonstrated experience in high level problem solving relating to electrical substations, and distribution infrastructure, and associated materials
- Demonstrated experience in planning, design and construction of energy transmission/distribution systems
- Demonstrated experience in design, construction, commissioning and maintenance of electrical substations and distribution infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience in developing design tools for electrical substations and distribution infrastructure
For more information please call Rory on 0428 026 703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org