This is an exciting opportunity to work within a leading environmental government program. NABERS is actively working towards accelerating the transition to Net Zero Emissions for the built environment and meeting Australia’s climate obligations.
This role is a key part of the Market Development Team within NABERS. It focuses on growing NABERS rating participation by engaging with existing and new customers to share the benefits of NABERS ratings and helping them to embed a culture of measurement and management to help them achieve their sustainability goals. It’s a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about sustainability and enjoys engaging with customers and stakeholders. A good understanding of sustainability in the built environment and the drivers for energy efficiency is important for this role.
- Driving ratings uptake in target sectors through direct customer engagement and working with our Assessor Community. Engagement work will be supported by our Marketing and Comms team. This aligns with the NABERS strategic plan.
- Representing NABERS to our stakeholders – presenting at relevant customer facing events.
- Responding to consultation and policy opportunities.
- Keeping abreast of complementary incentives and cross walks for target sectors such as NSW Energy Savings Scheme, Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) and Green Star.
- Managing and supporting strategic projects that will contribute to market growth. These projects are conducted in collaboration with the rest of the NABERS team.
- Participating in the NABERS Technical Community – this includes undertaking Level 1 audits and responding to technical queries.
- Managing one Project Officer (EO8).
• Roll out of incentive program for small Shopping Centres
• Resocialisation of the NABERS Hotels rating through technical working groups and subsidised ratings
• Expanding Waste Rating Tool to Office Tenancies and Shopping Centres.
• Roll out of incentive program for first time raters.
• Expanding NSW Government Resource Efficiency Policy (GREP) to include NABERS Waste.
• Positioning NABERS Waste in the NSW 20-year Waste Strategy
• Familiarity with NABERS and its tool suite and knowledge of sustainability in the built environment.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Previous sustainability engagement experience.
• Data analysis experience in relation to sustainability related reporting
• Good attention to detail
• Able to work with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Good organisational skills and time management capabilities.
• Experience with Salesforce CRM desirable.
Apply via your preferred job board only the most suitable candidates will be contacted.