Tier one engineering contractor, with a track record of delivering complex and major rail projects across Australia and worldwide. They are currently engaged in some of Australia’s largest infrastructure projects and have a large order book for 2019.
As Safety Assurance Engineer, you will be required to manage the safety assurance of rail projects and the provision of safety assurance advice for the company and end client.
- Resolving complex issues pertaining to safety and risk across multiple projects
- Undertake Safety Assurance (SA) analysis for the project design, including Hazard Identification (HAZID), safety controls, and actions and produce/review the related safety documentation
- Set up and coordinate internal teams for the development & implementation of specific sourcing strategies
- Act as Chairman in Design Safety Reviews
- Develop Safety Assurance Statements & Safety Assurance Reports
- Develop/update and ensure project Systems Assurance Plan implementation
- Review key project processes, documentation and assurance evidence to ensure quality and content is aligned with verification and validation strategy across project lifecycle thereby meeting client expectations
- Support and advise the Technical Director in technical duties
- Support internal and external audits involving Safety Assurance matters
- Degree qualified in Engineering, Risk Management or equivalent
- Comprehensive knowledge of risk-based safety assurance gained at senior level or as a consultant to, major projects associated with complex, high reliability operating environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of legislation, standards and guidance, processes and practices related to safety management for major rail infrastructure projects
- Comprehensive knowledge of verification and validation techniques and application of international safety standards such as IEC61508, EN50126 and "Yellow Book"
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
To discuss in more detail, please contact George Hvid: George.Hvid@cgcrecruitment.com / 0427 933 873 – 0282 524 013