The primary purpose of this role is to lead the development of business cases to support the activities of Infrastructure and Place Development. The role works closely with the Rail Service Delivery Office to contribute to the development and planning of Rail projects.
- Lead a team to support infrastructure and fleet scoping on rail and other transport modes.
- Lead interfacing with clients and key stakeholders across the Transport Cluster and international transport organizations.
- Manage a team to produce high quality infrastructure solutions taking into consideration requirements vs constraints.
- Manage a team to produce scoping and costing of infrastructure solutions.
- Work closely with project teams to produce input required for business cases.
- Actively collaborate across the Transport Cluster to ensure that the required transport outcomes (benefits) will be delivered.
- Strong understanding and experience in transport development across a range of projects, including the inputs, process and programs used to deliver modelling outcomes.
- Strong Experience in the development, management, and improvement of project systems, change management initiatives and implementation of quality assurance processes.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and liaising with private sector proponents on behalf of Government to achieve project objectives.
- Demonstrated high level expertise management of multi-disciplinary teams to achieve organisational outcomes.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or extensive experience in Transport.