The primary purpose of the role will be to work as part of the Rail Project Development team to undertake various analysis and scoping activities (including identification of infrastructure constraints, developing options/solutions, and providing specialist advice) to enable the successful development of projects and programs to meet Greater Sydney and Regional and Outer Metropolitan client requirements which will ultimately provide future rail service improvements and increased network capacity.
- Assist in the coordination and review of multi-disciplinary rail related infrastructure and develop potential scope identification to achieve business requirements and client needs.
- Assist in the development, management and implementation of project briefs for technical advisors and internal service providers to ensure projects are managed and delivered effectively.
- Support the coordination and development of agreed solutions and outcomes, ensuring that integration with existing systems, are fit for purpose and comply with design standard requirements, construction and operational requirements, and relevant national/international quality standards.
- Engage Subject Matter Experts and assist in the scoping and management of investigations and assessments to provide clarification and justification supporting delivery of rail infrastructure.
- Work with clients and key stakeholders of other key areas of the organisation and its agencies, including Freight, Strategy and Planning, Sydney Trains, NSW Trains, Roads, Maritime and Services, Transport Heritage, and other intrastate and interstate operators to identify and document key heavy rail infrastructure interface, constraints and opportunity.
- Liaise with stakeholders to integrate new scope within existing CAPEX and OPEX scoped projects.
- Provide support in cost analysis of solutions and participate in quantitative risk assessments that feeds into the project costing.
- Work with Systems Engineers to develop business requirement specifications, ensuring the needs and requirements are agreed, documented and approved, ensuring timely handover of documentation.
- Provide support and assistance to Project/Program Managers, to support Business Cases in the development of projects, enabling future rail service improvements.