This is a long-term position, working client-side with NSW State Government. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team and plays a vital role in the delivery of this landmark project.
Summary & Core Responsibilities:
Experienced Project Manager required to manage and deliver large scale tunnelling works.
- The role will operate with a high level of autonomy within the requirements of the agreed work plan and establishes strategic operational priorities in consultation with the Senior Project Manager or the Delivery Director,
- The position holder is expected to deliver assigned projects on time and at or below budget and is fully accountable for the quality, integrity and accuracy of expert advice provided,
- The role will work with tier 1 contractors and service providers to deliver complex works in a collaborative and cooperative manner, to support subsequent construction activities and to ensure the timely and effective delivery of the project,
- The role provides management and technical input in the construction of the works, and monitors activities to ensure that works are delivered to the required standards and in accordance with safe work methods and environmental practices.
- Provide project management and technical capability to project manage the delivery of tunnelling and heavy civil works,
- Lead on ensuring the safe delivery of the works,
- Manage the schedule of works to optimise safe and timely delivery and minimise disruption delay and inconvenience to stakeholders,
- Track construction schedules and associated costs for achieving project completion within the budget and time allotted, and value for money outcomes when viewed on the basis of effective risk management, certainty of delivery and whole-of-life cost,
- Monitor the effects and significances of, but not limited to, noise and vibration, air quality, traffic and transport, heritage, waste, and energy management to minimise impacts on the environment,
- Identify and manage risks associated with the delivery of construction activities, ensuring project performance monitoring and reporting,
- Contribute to procurement requirements, tender assessments, and evaluation to support the management and administration of the contract, approved proposed variations and resolution of contractual disputes.
- A proven record of “on time and on budget” project delivery of large-scale brownfield rail infrastructure works in an urban environment,
- Engineering tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience,
- Demonstrated knowledge of the structure of public and private transport industries in NSW, associated legislation and safety standards.
To discuss in detail, please contact our Government rail specialist George Hvid:
George.firstname.lastname@example.org / 0427 933 873