- Office based position in Sydney’s inner southern region – Inner West Project
- Professional culture with high employee engagement
- Also gain exposure to commercial fitout projects
Our client is a boutique construction firm operating within the Sydney market for over 30 yrs. They are privately owned, have a solid client base and offer a supportive culture to employees. Boutique in nature they can offer clients a personalised service that is focused on client satisfaction and repeat business.
Culture / Benefits
Being boutique, this builder has time to invest in people, culture and the client experience. The Directors are modern and progressive leaders and the company enjoys high employee engagement. They are a family friendly business with a professional and forward-thinking culture. The team currently sits at approx. 25-30 people and the business is turning over $35M. The plans is to steadily grow in the coming years which will create opportunity for existing staff members to progress into management roles
This position will be offered as a 12 month contract with the option of full time employment after the completion of the project. The scope of works will be to deliver a $4M townhouse development in Newtown. Once the project is up and running you will likely help deliver some of the commercial projects they are more well known for completing.
As the Project Manager, you will be hands on in procurement, programming and client management whilst working closely with your Site Manager to deliver the project in collaboration with the subbies and site team. You will be responsible for monitoring project financials and driving programme to ensure that projects are completed within agreed timeframes.
This position will report into the Construction Manager.
Salary $180K - $200K package
- Degree Qualified (Construction Management) Or Carpentry Trade
- Have delivered residential Townhouse of Dwelling construction projects as a Project Manager
- Experience across commercial is also highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability maintaining key client relationships and previous experience working at the front end of projects
- The successful candidate will need to have a good understanding of the local market and be well networked with local subbies
- Superior ability to plan, manage and deliver several projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills and ability build rapport quickly
- Excellent negotiation and decision-making abilities
- Strong IT skills, particularly within Excel, Procore