State wide government agency looking after civil infrastructure projects and assets in Northern NSW and Western regions of the state.
About the role
Working in the bridge maintenance division you will be tasked as working as a project manager and engineer working on the development side of projects and delivery.
At anyone time you will have up to 4 projects at various states and the locations of these jobs will be far North Coast NSW all the way to far Western NSW.
Expenses will be paid for any visits to sites should an inspection need to take place.
Otherwise you will be office based in either Grafton or Ballina with WFH arrangement
Overview of duties
- Provide efficient and effective project and contract management services by ensuring that the nominated road, bridge or traffic infrastructure and/or maintenance projects are developed and delivered to specified, time, cost, quality and scope requirements and to meet Government and TfNSW objectives.
- Lead the investigation, design, estimating and procurement processes for nominated projects to deliver required client objectives.
- Manage the development, tendering, awarding and administration of professional service, construction and maintenance contracts by controlling the scope, managing contract risks and issues, and by fulfilling the role of TfNSW Representative.
- Lead multidisciplinary project teams to drive and deliver project objectives and targets by modelling high performance behaviours including teamwork, initiative and flexibility, and developing less experienced team members through mentoring and coaching.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships and collaborate with our customers, colleagues, stakeholders and partners to understand and manage risk and influence sustainable outcomes on projects by the development and implementation of effective stakeholder and community involvement plans.
- Deliver a high level WHS (workplace health and safety), and environmental management on projects and contracts, by developing and implementing appropriate strategies, procedures, guidelines, processes and practices in collaboration with TfNSW specialists
Example projects include;
- Joint replacement
- Barrier replacements
- Concrete repairs
- Structural reinforcement
- pier bed columns
Skills & experience
Experience working on TfNSW/RMS projects is an advantage though other state authority or local council infrastructure experience is accepted.
Ideally you will be able to self-deliver in the following areas;
- QA, ITP's, SWMS
- Civil engineering / Structural degree
- Locally based work
- Strong experienced project teams
- Reasonable working hours
For more information please call Will on 0435935377 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org