The role supports the development of strategic assets and the annual 10 year Asset and Service Plan for the Regional and Outer Metropolitan Transport network. The primary purpose of the role is to support the development of these plans through prioritised growth and improvement initiatives that demonstrate deliverability of customer outcomes, whilst minimising ongoing operations and maintenance requirements.
- Support the development of the Strategic Asset and Services Plan.
- Support the development and monitoring of the ROM Asset Management Plan.
- Lead the coordination and development of asset and services planning activities to protect long term condition of the network, including undertaking research and development into the acquisition of new asset classes, value for money assessments and technical advice in relation to prioritisation.
- Support the prioritisation of the unit’s portfolio to ensure newly identified projects and programs are included in the forward pipeline.
- Build and maintain strong, collaborative and cooperative working relationships with relevant stakeholders to ensure that the required outcomes are articulated, understood and achieved and make a significant contribution to the wider Transport network.
- Review asset plans and coordinate subject matter experts across Transport to ensure that investment in asset and services is appropriately prioritized.
- Manage and monitor asset and corridor strategies, and corridor plans to ensure alignment of capital and maintenance programs.
- Analyse the unit’s performance to identify any systemic issues and to generate insights on trends, risks and opportunities common amongst projects, programs or delivery partners.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the application of asset management legislation, standards, and policies, with direct knowledge of or proven ability to apply those relevant.
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of asset management systems, accompanied with experience in the review, interpretation, and analysis of information and in formulating recommendations and reports to senior management within large complex organisations.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field, or equivalent relevant experience.
- The role requires security and criminal clearance prior to appointment.