This will be an initial WFH opportunity with view of working from the Parramatta office.
Primary purpose of the role
The Project Development Manager is responsible for delivering investigations, detailed scoping, assessment and integration of user requirements, project consultation, development of optimum solution and the environmental assessment of complex major infrastructure development projects to ensure high quality and effective delivery of projects.
- Deliver detailed project scoping and project development activities to ensure major infrastructure projects meet Government and RMS objectives.
- Develop and implement community engagement plans to ensure effective stakeholder consultation in the development phase of projects and interact with affected community members.
- Deliver detailed project development briefs, review project development briefs from the Senior Project Development Manager when required and monitor the quality of design and work by professional service contractors or internal service providers to ensure designs, investigations and reports meet agreed criteria, benefits and user requirements.
- Deliver regular project monitoring and reporting progress to the Senior Project Development Manager and represent the Branch to ensure that project resources are procured cost effectively, projects provide value for money, are implemented to agreed time, cost and quality and are consistent with operational and maintenance requirements.
- Commission and manage the delivery of environmental impacts assessments on project to ensure compliance with Review of Environmental Factors (REF) and Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) legislation.
- Develop and implement appropriate strategies, guidelines and processes to ensure the required project outcomes are achieved.
- Provide expert advice on major infrastructure development projects to ensure clients, stakeholders and staff understand project details and limitations.
- Liaise and negotiate with other branches and sections of RMS, government departments and agencies to facilitate approvals on design, construction and operational matters.
- Managing client expectations effectively to ensure all project management and management system requirements are met and project deadlines and milestones are delivered to the required standards and within budget.
- Working with a range of internal and external stakeholders and suppliers to support and facilitate the effective delivery of works and projects.
- Ensuring that project and contract management principles are consistently applied and strong project governance is in place to manage the relevant complexity and risk profile for each project.
Please contact Will on 0435935377 or email firstname.lastname@example.org