Project Management Consultancy who specialise in a range of project sectors valued up to $120 Million, have an exciting and extremely unique opportunity.
After 17 successful years, my client is now in the position to seek an Accountant, who has the drive and capability to also take on a large portion of the commercial / operational function across the business.
This opportunity will allow you be part of the senior management team, and to input into the company strategic and business planning.
You will be working closely with the current Commercial Manager, who has a solid track record of managing excellent projects and heading up a successful Tier 1 organisation as the company MD, before starting his own business.
The role responsibilities are as follows;
- Responsible for whole accounts function, administration and payroll.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Maintain/update MYOB data files for, shareholders and client companies
- Manage accounts / reporting for external client companies
- Accounts payable, including preparation of payments for authorisation.
- Prepare and issue claims and outgoing invoices
- Accounts receivable, including preparation of deposits for banking
- Manage petty cash, including distribution for supplies as required, reimbursement and ensuring sufficient funds are available.
- Weekly, monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare Business Activity Statements monthly and quarterly as required
- Preparation of financial reports as documented in the Property Playbook
- Provide support to the project management team, who currently sit at team of 20 but looking to expand as part of their strategic plan.
- Responsible for ensuring office provides adequate support for all functions and services
- To streamline internal commercial procedures within the business, developing procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Design and implement office policies
- Responsible for WHS and Environmental management
- PSA reviews before execution
- Review all building contracts before issuing to clients or contractors.
- General office administration and clerical support to all employees
- Manages and maintain the accounts filing system, including company registers and related documentation
- Provides administrative support for Executive team including preparation of annual budgets and filing systems
- CPA or other equivalent tertiary qualifications
- Proficient in MYOB
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within an Accounting / Office Manager role
- 3 years’ experience within the Construction, Engineering or Design industry
- Vibrant personality with a drive to succeed
- Excellent communication, numerical and interpersonal skills
- A passion for the Accounting and the construction industry
- Ability to work autonomously
- Career progression and huge opportunity to grow and make the role your own.
- Thorough handover from successful senior member of staff
- Fantastic Work culture
- Newly refurbished office in great CBD location, easily accessible via public transport.
- To work for a growing organisation.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply now or contact Danyelle Hines on 02 8252 4017 / Danyelle.firstname.lastname@example.org