The Junior GIS Analyst will support the GIS Manager by providing spatial and related data services to the Corridor Identification and Protection team and a variety of stakeholders. Spatial services to be provided include data management, data collation and processing, property, landuse and constraint analysis, well conveyed to the audience through a variety of effective, fit for purpose mapping products.
The team is currently covering projects such as; the Lower Hunter Rail Freight Corridor project, the Aerotropolis Metro & Bus Links, and the Outter Sydney Orbital Stage 2 project, as well as supporting Planning activities with DPIE.
- Undertake consistent data management activities to a designated standard; undertake data preparation, sourcing, collation, translation and conversion to ensure project team have access to up to date spatial data.
- Provide timely geospatial support to the Corridor Identification and Protection team.
- Create high-quality mapping products suitable for the intended audience and purpose. Example products include printed graphics for reports, meetings, workshops and community consultation and interactive platforms such as webmaps.
- Assist with the development of spatial, analytical and decision support tools, models and approaches to support strategic corridor identification activities.
- Undertake research projects and analysis such as identification of land, determinations of title and ownership, land zoning/ usage, engineering constraints and contamination reviews etc
- Tertiary qualification in Computer science, GIS, geography, engineering or related discipline, or experience deemed equivalent.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong foundation in data management practices working with the ESRI product suite (specifically ArcGIS Desktop 10.6+ and ArcPro).
- Experience working with webmaps, model builder and python scripting is desired.