This client side organisation within the transport sector have recently had an increase in their current project portfolio and coupled with an ongoing capital works program, they have identified a number of upcoming requirements for specialist contract staff. One area where they have identified a need for project support is for a Senior Geotechnical Scientist.
The regional Geotechnical Scientist in the Engineering Services Branch provides investigations, analyses, interpretations and advice with respect to the geotechnical, pavement and materials aspects of road infrastructure design, construction and maintenance in order to support the development and delivery of road infrastructure projects.
- Contribute to the management of geotechnical, pavements and materials risk in the Region (in coordination with the Pavements & Geotechnical Manager) by developing and/or adopting appropriate standards, testing and improving practices, briefing and managing advice from internal and external experts, applying policies, guidelines and specifications, managing the use of natural materials and imported fills, and reducing the risk of premature geotechnical or pavement failures.
- Support the development and retention of geotechnical, pavements and materials capability in the Region by supporting state-wide and Regional technical programs and discipline networks, contributing to workforce and career development planning, delivering training, partnering with industry, academia and other bodies.
- Support the informed purchaser role in relation to geotechnical, pavements and materials advice in the Region by developing project briefs and contributing to model briefing documents, managing consultants and contractors, providing advice to project managers, and undertaking review, assessment, approval and accreditation activities.
- Support asset whole of life objectives by providing expertise and innovation in analysis, design and research, and the adoption of best practice methods and techniques in design, construction and material usage including material recycling.
- Deliver effective technical services to clients by participation in multi-function teams, providing strategic technical advice, technical oversight of internal and external laboratory services and by providing and managing specialist services.
- Support operational effectiveness within budget constraints by project planning and direction, coordination with resource planning, compliance with business reporting, WHS and environmental requirements and support of quality systems
- Developing, implementing and monitoring clearly defined performance KPI’s for all aspects of the Branch’s operations are consistently met in accordance with Branch commitments.
- Developing innovative solutions to design, specification and other systemic matters in order to change products, services or processes to promote quality and provide value for money.
- Assisting in building and maintaining technical skills and knowledge in the organisation and providing a valuable contribution to varying and multiple projects.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in geology or related science/engineering discipline.
- Proven experience in the provision of earthworks specialist advice and the management of technical risk in infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of WHS and environmental requirements for geotechnical fieldwork and site supervision.
If this position is of interest, then please call Anita on: 02 8252 4007 apply online or email: email@example.com