Major government client working in the road infrastructure network require a geotechnical scientist to join to team due to an increasing workload.
This position will be on a temporary contract basis for unto 9 months based in the Illawarra area.
Responsibilities and duties
Providing investigations, analyses, interpretations and advice for geotechnical, pavements and materials aspects related to road infrastructure design, construction and maintenance in order to support the development and delivery of road infrastructure projects.
Experience and qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in geology or related science/engineering discipline.
- Proven experience in the provision of project management and earthworks specialist advice and the management of technical risk in infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake research, analyse complex issues, use advanced problem solving skills and make balanced and ethical judgements.
- Proven ability to manage multi-disciplinary technical teams and functions within a large organisation and in driving improvements in technical capability throughout the workforce.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and negotiate successful solutions with stakeholders including the ability to influence others and gain timely cooperation and agreement.
- Knowledge of WHS and environmental requirements for geotechnical fieldwork and site supervision.
- Effective oral and written communication skills including technical report writing.
Please contact Will on 0435935377 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org