Our client is a well-respected privately owned tier two builder who is turning over more than $600M and currently employs over 300 full time staff nationally. They operate across most commercial sectors and hold pre-qualifications for federal and state government projects valued up to $100M.
Their QLD operation has been operating for nearly 15 years and they have an excellent name across the Queensland building market. In QLD they are known for delivering projects in the education, health, industrial and agecare sectors from a value of $5M to $50M. Their Brisbane office operates with around 60 staff.
The Position – General Manager
One of the divisions of this well-established builder is a ‘small works division’ whose focus is delivering projects from $500k to $10M mainly in the health and education sectors. Due to a recent internal shuffle, they are looking for someone to come into the business and lead this division which has been operating for over 7 years.
You will be working closely with the Director of QLD who has been with the business for over 15 years.
You will inherit a highly profitable part of this well-regarded builder which has an established team in place. You will inherit years of client relationships in the government and private sectors. You will have the opportunity to work for one of Australia’s well known builders.
Key Skills include:
- Health and education experience would be an advantage but not essential
- Previous experience looking after P&L
- Strong contacts within the QLD building industry
- Operational Management experience in a construction business
- Proven track record of leadership
- Experience creating & managing budgets
- Experience creating structured business plans & Targets to hit
- Highly motivated and driven professional
- Commercially astute and experienced in contractual management
- Prepared to be hands on where necessary
If you are keen to hear more about this role, please call David Hope from CGC for a confidential discussion on 0406 665 799 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about the opportunity.