This is an exciting opportunity to join a reputable main contractor as they continue to grow in the railway major projects environment. Recently, they have secured a number of high-profile rail projects in Australia and are looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join the team.
The successful applicant will work directly with the Rail Leader and National Business Development Manager. You will be a key player in the growth of the rail business and have the chance to develop rapidly as the company do.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compile and prepare first principles, resource based cost estimates with fully resourced programs
- Price and demonstrate thorough understanding of the railway industry
- Ability to compile and produce take-offs for individual trades Bill of Quantities, produce project budgets and cost plans
- Liaise with clients, suppliers, subcontractors and design consultants to obtain information and calculate costs
- Participate in pre-contract negotiations
- Participate in tender reviews with senior management
- Experience pricing railway projects from first principles
- Rail experience necessary, but discipline can vary; Signalling, Power, Track etc
- Advanced computer literacy including Microsoft Office; experience with Expert Estimator will be highly regarded
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills
To discuss in detail, please contact George Hvid: George.Hvid@cgcrecruitment.com / 0427 933 873 / 0282 524 013