Our client is one of Australia’s largest privately-owned construction companies who turn over in excess of $800M and have a combined workforce of over 400 people that deliver works within federal, state and local governments as well as private institutions and blue-chip corporates.
They cover most commercial sectors and do not do any residential.
Reporting into an Estimating Manager and helping mentor estimating cadets this position will be responsible for preparing competitive tender bids which accurately reflect the requirements of the tender documents.
As an estimator you will not just be stuck in a corner and asked to price BOQ’s, you will visit sites, regularly interact with the clients and work very closely with the delivery teams throughout the construction phase
Key Responsibilities will include
- Review tender and contract documentation.
- Attend site inspections with client & subcontractors.
- Prepare tender packages.
- Request and review subcontractor & supplier quotations.
- Measure and prepare detailed bill of quantities.
- Issue client Requests for Information.
- Prepare Tender submissions inclusive of tender schedules, construction methodologies, construction programs, staging plans, etc.
- Degree within Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or Engineering
- Understanding of quantity surveying, project management and architectural principles
- Understanding of market trends for material and labour costs. +
- A good understanding of construction methodologies & market rates.
- A good understanding of BCA requirements.
- High attention to detail.
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience in using Buildsoft