Rolling stock specialists required to work for NSW government on a contract basis. EOI for upcoming projects in the 2020 recruitment drive.
NSW infrastructure spend is at the highest level ever ($41bn) and once internal restructures are defined, we are anticipating a huge requirement for skilled contract staff with rail and rail systems experience.
One of the areas seeing major investment is rolling stock as many of the states old train sets are being upgraded and replaced.
We are interested in speaking with rolling stock experts in advance of a recruitment drive in 2020.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Deliver rolling stock projects to clearly defined technical, scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
- Contribute to project schedule and associated activities throughout the project lifecycle (including concept design, planning, planning approval, detailed design, tender, construction, commissioning and transitioning), as well as to the development of project plans
- Participate in design reviews in conjunction with stakeholders and in accordance with system engineering principles including maintenance systems and reliability calculations, providing timely responses to requests for technical information, submissions and engineering proposals and reviews
- Apply project specific quality, safety and environmental requirements and assist in the implementation of approved quality plan/audit processes, in the provision of regular compliance reporting, and assist in environmental/ planning approval processes and implementation to ensure compliance
- Support safe, successful and compliant project delivery on time, on budget, to specified scope and quality of outcome, including the collection and preparation of project information for monthly reporting in order to meet established project management methodology
- Review and report on any technical variation requests relating to rolling stock, including inspecting the quality of build, testing and commissioning and revenue operations
- Degree qualified in Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering
- Demonstrated experience working on rolling stock projects or maintenance/upgrades
- Demonstrated experience working independently
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
For a confidential discussion, please contact our government rail specialist George Hvid: George.Hvid@cgcrecruitment.com / 0282 524 013 or 0427 933 873