Sydney Metro is leading Australia’s biggest public transport infrastructure program, developing and delivering a new world-class metro railway system for Sydney.
As a new NSW Government statutory authority, Sydney Metro has been tasked with developing and delivering metro railways, and managing their operations. Sydney Metro also leads the development of vibrant station precincts to meet customer and community needs, transforming the way Sydney travels and helping shape the future of Australia’s largest city.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide specialist environmental management for the project by working within a team to influence and report on environmental performance in accordance with relevant approvals, contract requirements, legislation, division systems and processes and best practice.
- Model good leadership to inspire direction and delivery, develop people, and drive change
- Live the NSW Public Sector and organisational values to achieve outstanding outcomes for the organisation and customers
- Manage a team which operates in implementation groups comprising colleagues from functional groups and disciplines across the organisation, construction contractors and other consultants to undertake environmental compliance, inspections and reporting to ensure compliance with relevant NSW and Commonwealth legislation, systems and processes and other policy requirements
- Manage the provision of high level environmental management advice and recommendations on project environmental issues including operation of the environmental management system
- Collaborate with the project Environmental Management Representatives in relation to the monitoring and reporting of environmental management plans
- Identify environmental risks and issues for projects and interdependencies across multiple programs of work, and recommend appropriate risk management strategies and interventions to minimise risk.
- Provide advice to the Associate Director Environment on recommended improvements to the Environmental Management System and other project policies and procedures.
- Manage the review of construction contractors’ environmental management plans, reports, and other strategies relating to the Sydney Metro program, and provide specialist technical input as required on environmental issues including resolution of complex problems
- Identify and contribute to the setting of environmental management objectives for the overall environmental strategy
- Ensuring that environmental management of large complex construction sites in established urban settings achieves required environment outcomes with minimal impacts to local communities
- Ensuring the Environmental Management System requirements are implemented to support best practice environmental outcomes
- Ensuring development of and compliance with an agreed assessment methodology applicable to the size and complexity of the Sydney Metro program
Tertiary qualification in an environmental, natural resource, planning, environmental engineering or similar discipline, or equivalent experience
Proven ability to deliver quality environmental management services to support large scale road, rail or civil infrastructure projects
Thorough knowledge of stakeholders integral to the delivery of successful planning and environmental management performance within a government context
Experience with and understanding of the legislation, policy, processes and practices involved in planning, environmental impact assessment, environmental management and sustainability for delivering major infrastructure projects.
** All candidates submitted must be fully Vaccinated against Covid 19. **
To discuss in confidentiality, please contact Will Gardner on 0435935377 or email email@example.com