The successful candidates core responsibility will be cover the preparation and reviewing of complex reports, proposals and presentations to clients in the following areas:
- HV power systems analysis – loadflow, fault levels, dynamic performance, transient analysis, harmonics assessments, induction studies, insulation coordination studies;
- HV transmission and distribution substations primary electrical design: layout design, specification of plant, coordination of civil design;
- HV transmission and distribution protection systems analysis and design: schematic design, IED specification / configuration, determination of protection settings, investigation of protection events;
- Earthing system analysis and design.
- 3 years’ experience as a power systems engineer, tertiary qualification in electrical/power engineering, chartered engineering and RPEQ status would be highly regarded; and
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills including a working knowledge of MS Office.
- The ability to develop complex models in ETAP power systems software;
- The ability to develop complex earthing and induction models in CDEGS earthing system software;
- The ability to develop maintenance strategies and procedures, commissioning plans and documentation;
- Specifying or interfacing with control systems in an HV substations environment; and
- Modelling of connection of significant loads and generators into existing networks and advising on connection agreements.
Highly professional and world leading design and engineering consultancy. Our client have around 30,000 fellow staff members, 300 offices and a passion for world changing projects.
An award-winning company that offers all employees flexible work arrangements, attractive salaries, global growth opportunities and both formal and informal career development training.