Our client is a state-wide Government organisation within the Transport sector looking after state assets across road, rail and structures.
Primary purpose of the role
The Project Engineer is responsible for developing and delivering tunnel mechanical and electrical and traffic management infrastructure and/or maintenance projects in order to achieve road safety, asset management and network efficiency objectives.
This role is an initial 12 month contract role based in Tweed Heads working on Northern Rivers tunnel, traffic signal and ITS projects.
The ideal candidate will have worked on ITS and traffic signalling projects previously, working with the designers and delivery crews.
A car will be provided for site visits and an office in Byron Bay will also be accessable.
- Manage the project and delivery process including the delivery of both direct control and contract works to ensure nominated tunnel mechanical and electrical and traffic management infrastructure and/or maintenance projects are developed and delivered to agreed time, cost, quality and scope requirements.
- Manage the investigation and design process by developing project briefs and cost estimates, procuring and overseeing service providers, and monitoring and reviewing ongoing work programs to make effective use of resources and deliver agreed objectives.
- Prepare contract documents for projects, including technical specifications to engage, administer and deliver contract works and ensure efficient project delivery.
- Implement effective cost management systems to ensure effective financial management of projects.
- Implement appropriate procedures, guidelines, processes and practices, in collaboration with TfNSW specialists, to deliver a high level of workplace health and safety and environmental management on projects and contracts.
- Prioritising workload to manage risk and deliver project outcomes.
- Managing client expectations in the delivery of their works while ensuring all project management requirements are met.
- Balancing road safety, asset management and network efficiency objectives to deliver sustainable outcomes for the community.
If this position is of interest, then please call Will on 0435935377 or 0282524018 email me firstname.lastname@example.org