- 3 month contract opportunity with NSW State Government
- Flexible working options available
- Based in Sydney
- $400 – $450 a day + super
Our client is the leading transport and roads agency for New South Wales. The organisation is responsible for improving the customer experience, planning, program administration, policy, regulation, procuring transport services, infrastructure and freight.
Primary purpose of the role:
The role assists in the provision of high-level business support services to facilitate the delivery of business operations to agreed standards.
- Assist in coordinating business planning processes for the branch, ensuring alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives.
- Draft strategies and plans for approval by the branch to be translated into meaningful performance targets and provide assurance and regular reporting for senior management.
- Provide or source advice, technical expertise and operational support for the unit and the branch’s main functions on a wide variety of business matters, including all HR, finance and procurement submissions
- Draft correspondence, briefing notes and reports relating to specific projects, initiatives and issues, ensuring that submissions are accurate, timely and have appropriate signoffs.
- Contribute to the sound financial management for the branch, including planning, budgeting, reporting and control
- Assist in the procurement process within the branch, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures and providing strategic advice and assurance to the Executive Director on all procurement submissions
- Undertake administrative functions, including office procedures, purchasing and records management and ensure compliance with corporate administrative policies and procedures.
- Research, collate and coordinate high-level submissions and responses, reports, advice and briefings on complex policy and operational matters to support informed decision making and planning.
- Eligibility to work full-time in Australia
- The ability to work 40 hours per week, 8 hours per day
- MUST NOT HAVE ANY HOLIDAYS PLANNED OR BOOKED WITHIN THE NEXT 3 MONTHS
- Must be confident working in a similar role