The primary purpose of the role is to support projects in following Systems Assurance processes, thereby ensuring compliance with required functional and safety standards. This involves managing System Assurance deliverables through planning, requirements specifications, risk assessment, hazard analysis, submission and review of documentation, and improvement of system performance.
- Advise, guide and support projects in demonstrating compliance with relevant systems assurance processes, engineering standards and technical and user requirements during all phases of the project.
- Perform systems assurance reviews including submission of comments to demonstrate compliance with systems and safety engineering requirements, safety arguments and Goal Structuring Notation (GSN).
- Manage the preparation and development of project safety assurance reports, statements and related documentation
- Review technical and safety assurance reports, risk assessments and systems engineering reports and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure that risk assessments, risk controls and verification of implementation of risk controls are documented and managed by the project throughout the project lifecycle to ensure any residual risks can be transitioned to the asset owner.
- Manage and respond to information requests from clients, contractors and divisional personnel in relation to Systems Assurance aspects of projects
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Project Management, Systems Integration or equivalent professional qualification from a recognised tertiary institution.
- This role has been identified as a Rail Safety Worker position