The Strategic Projects Manager supports the Deputy Secretary and the Director, Office of the Deputy Secretary, to develop and coordinate strategic business projects and initiatives within the Customer Strategy and Technology division.
This position is responsible for undertaking business research and analysis, consulting with internal and external partners and stakeholders, preparing recommendations and options, preparing persuasive communications, and shaping project strategies and approaches.
- Work closely with Transport divisions, branches and business units to develop deep understanding of business issues, challenges and opportunities
- Research and analyse data, trends and benchmarks relevant to business projects and initiatives
- Shape project strategies, approaches and performance measures
- Develop frameworks for tackling issues, understanding problems and implementing initiatives
- Communicate effectively with senior stakeholders and decision-makers
- Develop and iterate strategic recommendations and options
- Build clear narratives, present problems and communicate structured solutions at a range of levels
- Collaborate and engage effectively with teams across Transport, other parts of government, and external stakeholders
- Report on project progress, performance, issues and risks
- Develop project timelines, development milestones and deliverables
- Lead collaborative discussions and workshops to develop ideas, test options and resolve issues
- Lead discussions with technical teams to resolve problems
- Anticipate issues and opportunities through quick responses and proactive critical thinking
- Demonstrate skilled problem-solving capabilities to determine solutions and dynamically adapt to changes in business priorities
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
- 5+ years of experience in strategic consulting or management consulting
If you are interested in a confidential discussion regarding this role, please click "Apply Now" or call 0282524001.