- Negotiate, administer and manage State Planning Agreements in accordance with plans and programs.
- Communicate and negotiate with developers, agencies, wider community and other internal and external stakeholders, advocating preferred actions to achieve overall objectives, particularly in regards to commercial agreements.
- Ensure management systems are robust, auditable and continue to meet the needs of the Department through the development and maintenance of systems to ensure collection and remittance for State Voluntary Planning Agreements (VPAs) and infrastructure contributions.
- Provide high quality advice and recommendations on the economic and financial aspects of developer contributions mechanisms, and in particular State VPAs.
- Develop, implement and review policy as it relates to the day to day negotiation, administration and management of planning agreements, in consideration with directives and programs. Contribute to the development of reports and other documents requiring application of professional knowledge and skills within the broader policy context.
- Advise and support operational teams regarding the implementation of policy relating to State VPAs and infrastructure contributions and actively contribute to the development of the business plan.
- Provide analysis and advice on infrastructure implementation and planning matters to a wide range of stakeholders, including the Director, Executive Director, Departmental Staff, Government agencies, committees and interest groups.
- Manage the engagement and supervision of consultants, including preparation of project briefs
Key knowledge and experience:
- Understanding of land use or infrastructure planning, and project delivery
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management expertise.
- Degree in town planning, environmental management, property or a related field
- Development Assessment or case management experience (Government experience preferred)
- 4-8 years post graduate experience
- Practical Experience in applying NSW Planning legislation, regulation and policy
- Understanding of case law
- Stakeholder management and negotiation skills
Apply via your preferred job board or send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org